cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to SIM only and not showing and old contract bill

Georgiegmb
Visitor

My contract is up on the 7th September and I ordered two weeks ago a new SIM only deal. I've had no SIM, and no order is showing as able to be tracked when I try to look online? I've also had a message to say my old contract cost will be continuing from the 7th?! Where is my new SIM? Why isn't it showing on my plans in my account? My phone bill went up hugely which I cannot afford hence why I have switched to a SIM only. It's over an HOUR wait on the 150 number which is a joke! 

Can anyone help?! 

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Your SIM-Only contract won't start until your phone contract finishes. Your existing SIM will continue to work with the new plan.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Georgiegmb  when you upgrade from a full contract to a sim only  you have to see out the full term of your full device contract before your Sim only contract will actually start.  You are not sent a new sim as you don’t need one as it’s only an account change.  So your new sim only will start after your full contract term. 

If you didn’t upgrade be thankful that the order didn’t go through as you would have 2 contracts as you need to upgrade not take out a new contract.    I recommend you call customer services about this.