Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been paying for an unknown number for months

Jenn_2809
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

Upon logging onto my EE account, I discover a mobile number that is the main one I use, but there is another mobile number as well that is linked to my account which I have no knowledge of, I have also realised I am being charged for this every month on top of my regular bill, I have been paying for this for months without realising! This is making my bill over £160 when it should be £50!

How do we find out what this mysterious number is that I am paying for, I went in store and they weren’t very helpful and said to contact customer services. 

Regards,

Jemm 

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jenn_2809  Stores are there to sell not to look into account enquiries.  You need to call customer services about this. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Jenn_2809

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you have a Smart watch, laptop or tablet on EE? 

If you select the number in your My EE, what price plan is showing? 

Leanne. 

Good morning Leanne, I have a smart watch yes but I believe there’s already a desperate plan for that, the plan I’m paying unknowingly is showing ESS plan 30GB at £87pm. 

Leanne_T

Thanks @Jenn_2809

Have you purchased a new phone at the same time this was added that should have been an upgrade? 

Leanne. 

So my previous contract was paid off and ended and I was given the offer to upgrade my phone after paying off my previous contract early so I did that. They then set me on this current plan with my current number that I was allowed to keep from my previous phone. 

jenn

Leanne_T

I see @Jenn_2809

I would suggest giving us a call on 150, our Mobile Care team will get this looked into further for you. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks for your help Leanne have a great day! 🙂 

Leanne_T

You too @Jenn_2809

Leanne 🙂

Emily13579
Visitor

Are you able to update what happened in the end? I am in the same situation - offer of early upgrade, went ahead, EE said I took out new contract instead of an upgrade but I received no clear communication around this and had been paying for 2 contracts.