ABROAD

Evamisan
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I moved back to Greece. I believe my contract ends on February. What should I do in order to have my phone unlocked to have a Greek phone number.

Best,

Eva

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Evamisan   What model device is it as it’s probably unlocked already.    To terminate the contract now or 30 days before its minimum term you need to call customer service in order to give notice to terminate.   If you do this now you’ll be required to pay off the remaining term of the contract and you’ll get a 4% discount on that fee. 

I have iPhone 12. I can’t call fr

Sorry, I can’t call from Greece for some reason. Is there any chance I can see somewhere how much I have left to pay? 

@Evamisan   You’re online account will state when it started and when the minimum term is.,   The payments don’t  end at the minimum term only the minimum term has been reached you still have to give notice to terminate or it’ll just continue. 

As for the lock status of the device, open settings and click general then click about and if it says no sim restrictions next to network provider lock the device is already unlocked.  

Text INFO to 85075 to find out your Early Termination Fees. It will basically be months left x monthly charge - 4%.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)