cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi not working

Aideng97
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there, my broadband has gone off and it’s flashing orange, I have tried resetting it, making sure everything is plugged in, and have also tried contacting EE but the phones are down, can anyone help?

thanks,

Aiden 

10 REPLIES 10
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Aideng97   what broadband service do you have? Which router?

Have you followed the steps in the Help Pages?

https://ee.co.uk/help/broadband 

Hi there Mustrum, I have the smart hub plus, I have tried all the stuff it says online and nothing seems to be working?  

And my service is Essentials fibre 50

@Aideng97   as I am sure you are aware, this is a customer forum, not Customer Support.

Is you broadband supplied over your phone line, or a full fibre service?

Saying nothing works does not tell anyone anything to help. 

I have just checked and can call the Broadband Support team, so what numbers are you trying to call.

Lines are open to 9PM, and there is the automated number to check your line.

Hi Mustrum, yes it comes through the phone line, is a dual socket, one for the phone, one for WiFi, but we don’t have a home phone so only one used, I tried on 150, it did the automated checks, which it said everything seemed good, then it went to put me through to an advisor but then said “lines are currently closed”, I’ll try the number again and see if it happens again 

@Aideng97   

From any other phone

0330 123 1105 

Option 2 worked for me.

Did the same again, got a message from a diagnostic bot that said “text service is now closed” and to text guide between 8:00AM - 8:00PM to get a callback, guess I’ll just have to wait till the morning, thanks for the help though 

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Aideng97 post back and let us know how you get one with the callback.

Neil

Hi Neil, got through to EE this morning, friendly helpful guy but couldn’t do anything from his end, need an engineer visit, which they can’t get until the 3rd Jan so I’m gonna be without internet again, after it’s only been on for about 10 days, if that, so no broadband again and got people round for new year, May end up cancelling this as I can’t wait 5 days everytime it drops out, not your fault so don’t think I’m aiming this at you, just my current situation, 

Aiden