Someone took my EE landline. EE didnt inform me. I have no landline or internet

Dickie66
Investigator
Investigator

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dickie66  And have you called customer services about this ?   

Yes, they said it was their fault, but it has gone past the the point of no return. We have no landline. Wifi goes tonight. They also now say they dont support our part copper/fibre line (even though our new EE contract is aonly 2 weeks old) , and so have passed us to BT for a new packagae. And they can't gauarntee when we will get new BT line, becuase that is OpenReach job. So we may be offgrid until marhc 19th. And I'm an emergeny contact for my mum who has Alzhimers!

uvarvu
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Go to Better Internet Dashboard (bidb.uk) and see if an alt-net is available in your area.    If so then you'll get a superior package at far less cost.

@Dickie66  Wow.   You seemed to of just accepted this.  

Chris, there is absolutely nothing I can do. EE cannot / will not resolve it (apart from try to expedite the new BT order). OK - I can try an buy a dongle form another mobile provider with better coverage (my EE mobile only has 1 bar 4g at home) to see me through for the days I will be offline.

Apparanlty its called "slamming" where someone asks for a new line, but uses your house address by mistake. I guess someone could do it maliciously aswell...?