cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband connection disconnect

Walton14
Investigator
Investigator

I have recently taken a new broadband connection and my Internet router keeps disconnecting frequently. The router seems to be working fine, however it goes from Aqua blue light to orange Blinking light and back to Aqua blue where the connection resumes. Is this a normal issue for new broadband or should I contact technical support? 

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Walton14  yes, and let us know how you get on.

Is the router connected via your phone line or is a full fibre connection?

RR2000
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve had the same issue since a month ago when I joined and a replacement router seems to have fixed it - although it’s only been a day and a half so would want to wait a week to make sure no more drop-outs. They couldn’t diagnose it over the phone so the engineer who came did some tests which showed issues with the router, other people on this forum have the same issue as well so might be worth asking for an engineer sooner rather than later so you don’t waste a month of back and forth calls like I did

Walton14
Investigator
Investigator

I contacted the EE technical Support and they have informed me that this is normal for new connections for a couple of days or so As the system test the robustness of the connection. The issue is still recurring but not as much. I will contact the support line again in a few days if the issue is not fixed.

Walton14
Investigator
Investigator

The issue seems to have resolved. Thank you for your suggestions and help into the matter.