cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move but EE is starting a new 12 months contract

Jimmyukk
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, i am 2 months away from the end of my 24 months contract and going through a house move and want to transfer EE broadband to new address however, the customer services informed me that this will activate a new 12 months contract with EE. IS this right? I was always under the impression that the house move is free and as I am still in my contract i continue to pay for the remainder period of my original contract. 

Why do they start a new 12months contract and i can't see it anywhere online in the info re house move. Has anyone been told the same stuff?

Regards

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The move itself is free but you are required to start a new contract.

See EE home network T&Cs for all plans except Essentials, All Rounder and Full Works :

2.13. If you are moving and want to take your services with you, please call Customer Support and check that
your new address is in a service availability area. We do not have to accept your request. If we accept
your request to move the services, and you need a new line or new fibre connection at your new
address, we will terminate your current services and the services will need to be reconnected and you
will need to agree to a new minimum term and pay the new line charge and/or the new fibre connection
charge. We will get your agreement before we do this. Please see our price guide for all moving
administration and set-up costs.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)