cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full fibre speed

Bryan27
Explorer

Hi I've had full fibre 2 weeks now. A promise of at least 100 download speed. Only had this for around a hour since I started. Keep getting in touch and refresh it. I get the speed for a short time. Rang this morning and they showed me the speed they were send at 140. Told I have a few things connected. Yes, however I get the speed promised then it drops again. It'll be fast then slow down. Told they can't promise wifi speed. Got this for yhe speed. Old line account getting around 60 speed. Does anyone have the same problem and was it wrong for me to go full fibre? Thank Bryan

3 REPLIES 3
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi, @Bryan27 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, what speed are you getting and is this only affecting devices connected over wifi?  What Affects your Home Broadband Speed and WiFi | Broadband Help | EE

Thanks

Neil

Yes. Speeds anything from 23 to 38. I know I have thing connected e.g. 2
mobiles, TV, firestick. Ring doorbell. But I can take a reading one minute
it can be as above then take another reading and can be higher. Sometimes
over 100. I can have wife's phone and my phone, using the same speed
checker online can give my two totally different readings. I've tried to
get on to ee to use their checker but it always says we cannot check your
broadband status.
Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Sorry for the Wi-fi speed problems @Bryan27

There are so many factors that determine your speed over Wi-fi.  Do you have any devices connected to your Hub with an ethernet cable?  Can you test on that device please?  Wired speed test results would give you a more accurate reading.

Thanks,

Robbie