cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to return an unwanted and un-ordered new router

AnnePearce
Explorer

I upgraded to full fibre a couple of months ago, have a new router and all is good.  At least it was until ee are persisting in trying to send me a new router.  Apparently AI has detected that I have a pendant alarm which may not be compatible with my existing new router.  I phoned ee and explained that I no longer have a pendant alarm and that it was returned to the relevant company years ago.  The person on the phone agreed that, therefore, I didn't need the new router and that, should it arrive, I could just refuse delivery.  However, after a flurry of emails, messages and a letter, all telling me about the imminent arrival of my new router(!), it arrived today while I was out and was shoved under my side gate into my garden (fortunately I just happened to see it).  Can I just return it to my local post office or do I have to make 40 mile round trip to the Post Office depot?  Above all, how can I convince ee, finally, that I do not want or need this - or the hassle of so many communications about something they persist in sending to me, despite their agreeing with me (on the phone) that I don't need.  I am currently trying to ring them - been on hold for one hour now.  Any suggestions please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnnePearce
Explorer

Update - have now spoken to someone at ee and issue resolved.  Thanks for reading

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Follow https://ee.co.uk/help/orders/return-and-recycle-ee-product . If you have not received a return bag you may call 0330 123 1105 for 1.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
AnnePearce
Explorer

Update - have now spoken to someone at ee and issue resolved.  Thanks for reading

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)