cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Full Fibre Connected no Internet

jimathon
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I have been without EE service for a week despite visits from Openreach & EE. I receive the message "connected,no Internet" We upgraded from copper to full fibre a month ago and until 5 days ago there were no problems. Then I noticed the speed had dropped and after a rooter reboot I have had no service since. I have tried a factory reset, replacement of cables. A technician working on behalf of EE visited & checked the router e.t.c and couldn't resolve the issue. Openreach attended today and couldn't resolve and have suggested a replacement router although I am sceptical this will resolve the problem as this is something the EE technician checked. I appear to have a full service, the ONT white box shows green lights and the same with the router itself, a solid light. I can connect to the router and it says connected but there is no data being uploaded/downloaded = no connection. I have checked my log in credentials and these are fine. Grateful for any suggestions? Am I missing something? I'm wary that this may become a sticky long term issue when I am passed back and forth between EE and Openreach.

11 REPLIES 11
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

What hub are you using, and if you log into the Hub Manager does it suggest that you have an active broadband connection?

What devices are you having problems connecting and how are they connected? Wired or wirelessly? 

Thank you for responding. I am using the EE issued Smart Hub and when I access the router settings it indicates an active broadband connection but there is no upload or download data activity. There is no wireless or ethernet connection (I have tried to connect my laptop directly to the router) It's very odd.

@jimathon wrote:

when I access the router settings it indicates an active broadband connection but there is no upload or download data activity. 

When you say there's no activity do you mean generally by your usage or on that router page there are 0 speeds & transferred data? 

Show us the page you are looking at.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

RouterRouter

As attached, thank you for looking at this

Ah, OK. The speeds are just the Ethernet speeds to the ONT, not the BB speeds. The Data Usage of 0 confirms there is no activity.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
jimathon
Investigator
Investigator

Grateful for members experience/knowledge. Has anyone encountered a situation where there is no connectivity at the router but everything shows as normal. Steady light on router, all green lights on ONT? Is it still possible the problem could still be external?For example, is it possible for fibre optic cable and other external apparatus to stop working/get damaged or not work properly such that connectivity is lost completely but the ONT and router indicates all should be functioning normally? I have Openreach visiting again tomorrow after a second router replacement to try and identiy and resolve the problem. EE systems show no issues so in preparation of the engineer visit just wanted to understood if there is any possibility the fibre installation has failed externally, despite no obvious indicators on ONT or router.

@jimathon   you have blanked out your username, but is it Username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
- Password: bt  or blank?

If not, and you know what it is it may be worth changing it on the router to that and seeing if that works.

Equally of you have another suitable router  or are able to connect a PC/Laptop direct to the ONT with PPOE settings as above could you try that before a new one arrives?

Thank you for responding, I am grateful. I have tried this step with no success sadly.

It can be seen to end in '@fs' & therefore cannot be the BT creds.