cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t add home broadband to MyEE

KevinJ76
Investigator
Investigator

Well I’ve just gone through the process of trying to add my broadband account to the EE App and guess what - EE SUCKS!

I got sent a code, entered it, got “Sorry, something’s gone wrong our end”, tried again, same message, tried adding via bank account, same message, went back to trying with mobile and asked for a new code - it sent the same code again. 

EE, how about rather than making things look pretty, you actually make things work.  My partner had new fibre broadband from EE today, tried adding the router and keeps being told that it’s not an EE router (it is, ugly white lump with glaring LED ring and EE above it), kind of wishes he hadn’t switched from BT to EE now as at least their apps work.

18 REPLIES 18
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

It wants the BB's owner's personal details as already registered with EE & is doing a security check. There's 1 thing in particular to be careful of when supplying your BB personal details.

The "Contact Email Address" requested when filling in the Home BB details is not necessarily the same as the email addy used as the username of the MyEE a/c being created or added to. It is the email addy EE already has on record for the BB's owner.

You say its your partner's new BB. Perhaps they never registered it when ordering BB against your email addy.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi,

in relation to adding my home broadband to my account, it is the correct email address, it’s the one I have always used with EE.

personally I think their code system is on the blink as when I requested a new code to be text to me, it sent me the same code as before.

We managed to add my partner’s router to his app, however the speed test option isn’t working, it may be a glitch.

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@KevinJ76 wrote:

in relation to adding my home broadband to my account, it is the correct email address, it’s the one I have always used with EE.

But your email addy isn't your partner's email addy which they would have registered with EE when they ordered BB. Anyway it's not your Home BB.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It’s 2 separate issues

1. the adding the broadband to My EE is my EE broadband account on my app using my email address, phone number and bank account. The fact when I request a new code it sends me the same one makes me think EE are messing up.

2. The Speedtest issue is my partners EE Broadband on his EE Home app, not anything to do with my broadband or my app or my account. Just both having issues with EE on our respective accounts and apps.

BillEE1
Contributor
Contributor

Totally with you on this. I have exactly the same issue. Did you ever get it fixed?

alex0107
Visitor

Same!

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @alex0107,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What happens when you try to add your home broadband account to the EE app?

James

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@alex0107 , @BillEE1 : It's a common confusion but do you have fixed BB or a mobile router? You only need the a/c no. for fixed BB. To link a mobile router it is treated as a mobile & so you just need its SIM's mobile no.

Hi.Thanks for trying to help. It is fixed home BB on a white router box delivered last month and running well.

EE support (150?) confirmed that I am using the right details,and can do no more. It is currently on a "ticket" waiting to be fixed by "technical".

Everyone is very nice, but there is no progress. Do you know of any other way I can see th BB details, outside of MyEE.

Thanks