cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Busiest home 1.6Gb service fresh install and working.

miggle
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

1ce7c403-7aed-4b32-accd-8aaf87176bd8.jpgThe weather was terrible, but the BT engineer was superb. For those who are curious the ONT Model is a 2023 Nokia with an orange 2.5Gb (also labelled as 2.5Gb) on the ONT. Plugged the ONT straight into my own hardware, and away I went.

Simple for me, although I did felt sorry for the engineer who had to climb up the pole in torrential rain to get a fresh cable across for me to my house.

So initial speed tests are below along with a comparison to my back-up supplier. I'm of course very happy with the results so far, and are completely within my acceptable speed range.

Initally testing with Ookla, and fast.com. BT ONT with 2.5Gb portBT ONT with 2.5Gb port

Fast.com reported 1.6Gb on the nose.

fat-com.png

I always take Ookla speed testing with a grain of salt, but also good reports there (with my backup ISP below it for comparison). coming in at 1554.74

OoklaOokla

So there you have it! - I've still got more testing to do, as this is day 1. But any questions just ask.

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.
22 REPLIES 22
pyrotenax
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hope you are still enjoying your 1.6Gbps service @miggle and you have no complaints 🙂

I recently got mine upgraded and after a couple of teething issues with missed appointments for the swap over of the ONT to the latest version... everything is fine now and good speeds.

overviewoverviewdevicesdevices

Overkill ??? Nah .... not in the slightest 🙂

miggle
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@pyrotenax No complaints at all, had a faultless service so far. my backup connection hasn't kicked in once since November, and I'm loving the speed. Although I was a new customer, and it's people migrating from BT to EE that seem to have been having the most issues.

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.
pyrotenax
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Good to hear 🙂 ... I migrated over , with no issues .. fingers crossed for the future 👍