Broadband box

Sarah3310
Explorer

Hi its Sarah ***** a customer  from you I'm getting sick and tired  off my box going offline all the time when it's always bout a week away from being payed it's getting ridiculous  if it carrys on doing this then I'll won't be paying you guys I'll be leaving n going to a different  broadband  provider  cause can't keep doing this a I have a young child that has special  needs  cause his got autism  and realise  on the Internet  to watch her program  so ever sort it out or I'm going to different provider  

Cheers  Sarah ****

[mod edit: personal details removed from the forum]

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sarah3310 

I am very sorry to hear this has been happening. 

Which router do you have? 

Do the router lights change colour when this happens?

Speak soon.  

Leanne 🙂

Yeah the router charges colour from what it's ment b on to yellow for bout
5 mins then to red for another 5 mins then bk to yellow for another 5 mins
then bk to blue its ridiculous and you lot except me to pay near £39 for a
box/ internet that keeps doing that it's ridiculous and I'm not happy this
has been happening every since I got with you guys I tho ee was better
company but looks to me like your cause you lot don't do your job
probably
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the quick reply @Sarah3310 

To get this looked into please get in touch with our broadband care team and they can help you further. 

You can find ways to contact us here - Broadband and landline (ee.co.uk)

Thanks. 

Leanne.

@Sarah3310 , if this happens once a month, then just unplug it and replug it and you will be up and running again, this happens to me every month, so I just unplug and remove the network cable, plug it in and am up and running in no time, if it is happening more often, then this would need looking into.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.
  • For other routers: login to it according to the label on it as the admin user & navigate looking for its router/connection statistics.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)