Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.6GB New EE slow and below speed guarantee

svsaunders
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hey

My 1.6GB service was working fine for about 5 days however has now slipped down to 600MB and this is the same speed that the supper line are picked up when testing my line and when I check the speed via the EE speed checker (see attached).

Download Speed.png

I have to call back and speak to someone in the next generation department tomorrow but is this something that others have found ?

If so, is it something that can be fixed ? before joinined EE, I was with TalkTalk (the crappyiest provider) however my speed was 900MB and very rarely did it stray from that.

Thanks

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
svsaunders
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hey

Does anyone else have any experience in dealing with slow fibre speeds with EE / BT ?

My shiny new 1.6GB fibre connection is currently running at 200MB download and 50MB upload with so far, no explaination why.

Openreach's have visited me again today (7th time is 6 weeks - i kid you not) and have confirmed its nothing to do with the network side, its due to something with the communication provider but no one seems to know what to do.

Is this just me or has anyone had the same problem or something similar ?

The speed issue landed 1 week ago and has gradually gotten worse each day.  Before this, we were running 1.6GB flawless for 7 days.

I know its new, but surely someone can check speed check the ONT to elimiate that (and the network) leaving the full blame on the service provider and the owner on them to investgate why and fix.

Just doing my head it.

Surely someone can switch me to 900MB Fibre to see of that stabalises if the issue is with the next generation network as a quick fix?

Worzel-Senior
Investigator
Investigator

Dear Friend, I am in exactly the same position as you were at the start. Identical move from exactly the same TT 900mb. I have spent now 12 days in the wilderness and 5 engineers visits, the phone calls to the next gen team now total over 30 hours. I have been promised time after time a senior manager will  call me but never has. Exec Level complaints just placed a 4th free month on my account and closed my complaint down. I have gone from a DOA ( dead on arrival) service to DCOE rebuilding my profile 7 times without any success. They have replaced the ONT also with a fully working 2.5gb one. Then it was decided that I was to get a new router. This arrived 56 hours ago. It connected and I got a turquoise light for the first time ever but with a speed of between 10mbs and a once 500 very briefly. I am now told that with Christmas here there’s no chance of it being sorted till the new year. The calls to the Belfast Next Generation Team are gradually deteriorating into staff becoming arrogant and argumentative. What can I do? I never like mentioning in public but I am a Veteran who lost his leg whilst on active service and am stuck in a wheelchair, so the internet is everything to me, even to switch the TV on because I can’t reach the plug sockets they have been put on WIFI plugs and voice activated so for me the last 12 days have been hell. I now have a Christmas and New Year in the same position. I am not looking for pity at all, so please feel none if you read this, all I need (not want) is a correctly working connection ASAP?