cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 and 14 Pro Preorder tracking thread

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've done this a few times and thought it would be bad to break tradition, so wanted to create a thread for people to discuss their preorders etc as we all wait for our new iPhones.

2,555 REPLIES 2,555
Lorenzo94
Contributor
Contributor

I have upgraded my plan shortly before 13:00 to the new iPhone 14 pro deep purple, 256 GB. I have received the XKO number. I am currently on the line with EE to check that the order has gone through as from what I learned from past years, it’s always better to double check with them.

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah at the end of the process I got a KXO number and a box telling me to phone them to confirm some details. Did that and had to sign some trade in documents online, and then it went through and I've now got a 001xxx tracking number that tells me its Awaiting Confirmation which is the same as prior years. She also told me the £100 fee will be refunded in a few days apparently so that's a bonus.

This was for a Silver 128GB iPhone 14 Pro

soupladel
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I don't want to pour cold water on this but i am not sure i believe fees getting refunded, waived yes but having to pay up front then get refunded sounds a bit dodgy? based on last year, a lot of promises were made that were never kept

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

We will wait and see, the transaction is pending currently so they've not actually taken the money. I said if the phone turns up and I still haven't had the transaction cancel out, I'll call back. She did say if I wanted the money back sooner I could call the bank and have them cancel it but that seems a sure way to set something off on their end to cancel or hold my order, so I won't be doing that.

Lorenzo94
Contributor
Contributor

The redound thingy seems a bit odd. I am still waiting to get through CS, and still haven’t received the 001 order number. I hope the order has gone through .

soupladel
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Kyemaloy if they have placed a charge on your account but not claimed the funds, the bank wouldn't cancel it anyway, they would refer you back to the retailer so that's not inspiring trust for me.  However, in that same circumstance if they are true to their word, they may not claim the funds and you will get your new iphone sans fee 

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I got in early and got my initial order "EE - we've got your order" email at 12:59pm and then at 1:08 after the phone call I got my "Hello, your order is confirmed" and then at 1:12 I got an email "About your order" with some info on the delivery etc.

Kyemaloy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah I mean they all say all sorts, I tried changing my address at 11am as realised it was wrong and online wasn't working and she literally told me "Were not doing preorders today anymore because of the death of the queen" ... obviously not true 

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I was in the process of calling in to see if I could get the £300 fee that they want to charge to upgrade the phone which is due for renewal on the 20/10, but then I went online (and thanks EE for the queue waiting system - long overdue and stops too many people from bringing the site down) and decided just to pay the £330 up front that they wanted.  Ordered 14 Pro Max 1Tb Deep Purple.

No mention of returning the phone, I've been authorised for the full £330 so we'll wait and see.  If I am charged and there's no mention of returning the phone, I'll sell my existing 13 Pro Max 1Tb to cover the cost.  Only got a KXO order number for now.