cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 17 Live Voicemail

Jason75
Investigator
Investigator

I see this isn’t available in the UK yet!!!

Anyone know if we will get it or if EE intend to roll it out ?

Or if/when EE will enable it ?

10 REPLIES 10
Jason75
Investigator
Investigator

Anyone know when EE will launch this?

I see at present only available in US/Canada

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I hope I'm wrong here, but I strongly suspect that it never will, due to privacy laws (specifically GDPR which requires the consent of the caller).  When I bought the Pixel 7 Pro, I thought that all the call screening functions would be available - not so, and it seems GDPR was to blame for it.  So I doubt it'll come to the UK and iOS.

Jason75
Investigator
Investigator

Let’s hope they sort it out. Anyone from EE on here give any update?

CallScreen, Hold for Me, and Direct My Call all work in the UK for Pixels from the 4a all the way to the 7 series. Not sure why you aren't getting it. It's nothing to do with GDPR whatsoever as people are simply leaving a voicemail. Voicemail transcription isn't new.

For Live Voicemail I have a feeling that it's more likely a language transcription issue to be resolved more than anything else as those Pixel features took a few months to roll out in the UK after their initial release in the USA and Canada.

It does work by changing to USA for region and Siri so it’s Apple holding it back not EE I suggest as region specific at present. 

How to Enable Live Voicemail in UK on iOS 17 - DroidWin.jpeg

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@AlanJC wrote:

CallScreen, Hold for Me, and Direct My Call all work in the UK for Pixels from the 4a all the way to the 7 series. Not sure why you aren't getting it. It's nothing to do with GDPR whatsoever as people are simply leaving a voicemail. Voicemail transcription isn't new.

For Live Voicemail I have a feeling that it's more likely a language transcription issue to be resolved more than anything else as those Pixel features took a few months to roll out in the UK after their initial release in the USA and Canada.

Thanks for putting me right on this.  I've heard all sorts as to why those features wouldn't work - the most plausible being privacy related, but if that's not the case it doesn't make any sense as to why EE (from whom I bought my Pixel 7 Pro from) didn't support it, or why it wasn't working for me (at least).  In any event, I've given up on the Pixel and sticking with the iPhone moving forwards as support from Google was atrocious.

I’m pretty confident it’s Apple and region specific at present. As above it does work when you change the region to 🇺🇸

TrickyT
Contributor
Contributor

Got it to work by following the information here.  iPhone 12 IOS17.

https://droidwin.com/how-to-enable-live-voicemail-in-uk-on-ios-17/

Trevor

NickH16
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Simple fix 

just change your region to US and it works fine!