cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail setup problem

Snichols
Explorer

Hi, 

Just upgraded from an old "dumb" phone to a new iPhone (14 if that matters). Moved the sim over, and most things are working fine, but Voicemail isn't. Basically when someone calls in, they get a "busy" signal with no option to leave a message. 

"VM ON" to 150 returns "Try again later". "VM OFF" does work, but not the other way. Manually dialling in to voicemail suggests that the mailbox exists. I can listen to the Greeting under the Voicemail tab in calls.

15 min on hold + 45 min on the line with tech support only resulted in the call being dropped without the problem being solved. 

Phone reset -> no joy. 

Wondering about converting to an eSIM?

Any advice appreciated,

Snichols

5 REPLIES 5
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Snichols ,

Welcome to the community,

Changing to E-sim will make no difference, you may need to ring customer service to get voicemail reset.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thanks Schock, I did start down that path, but even they weren't able to do it quickly, and then we got cut off. May try calling in again when I can find a block of time. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The "try again later" response to VM ON suggests alone, that something is awry with your voicemail config that will need CS intervention. It's encouraging that you can access VM by dialling manually.

You've mentioned the "voicemail tab in calls" - this suggests you may be trying to use visual voicemail instead of standard voicemail, though.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/using-your-phone-features/how-do-i-use-... 

Thanks Bristol, yes, I tried both standard and visual voicemail. Turning "visual" on through 150 said it worked, but still can't access the voice mailbox. Basically same thing with standard voicemail. 

@Snichols , with visual voicemail you get the voicemail on your phone, by clicking on phone, but you should still be able to change your greetings by pressing and holding one on your keypad, there it should answer with giving you options, if that does not work I would suggest ringing customer service.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.