cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch 8 eSIM setup issue

Avesry
Visitor

Hi! I’ve been looking around here on the forum but am still none the wiser as to how to fix my issue, so wanted to create my own post and see if anyone has any advice.

I’ve picked up my Apple Watch today, got it setup all fine and ready to go, but I seem to have an issue activating my mobile service itself (I have a phone contract with EE and now a watch plan here too).

Previously it just said ‘not in use’ next to EE under this option on my phone, alongside ‘No Sim’ ‘No Connection’ on the watch itself. After digging around online I found that you can remove and re-add it.

I successfully removed it, but now whenever I try to re-add the service on the iPhone Watch app (whether connected to 4G or WiFi) I keep getting the “Your Smart Watch has had a problem downloading the eSIM, click "Done" below to try the download again.” error and am unable to progress past this.

Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all in advance 😊

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Avesry 

Welcome to the community.

If you speak to our technical support team on 150, they will be able to check to make sure everything is set up as it should be from our side.

Chris