Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with sim card

bluesbaby75
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hey friends, 

I had to buy a new Apple iPhoneSE20 this week to replace my original SE , as when I attempted installing new update IoS14.4 it completely wrecked my phone and all is irrecoverable, - grrrr.   However , setting it up this afternoon with Apple Support, we came to a halt as it wanted to send a verification code to " another IoS device,"  it came through as having been sent to my old phone!!   Unobtainable of course.  Apple suggested take the sim out of old phone, did it easily,  Trying to replace into new phone is a whole other ball game.  I have spent 2 hours increasingly frustrated trying to place it in the side which does not seem to accept it - going crazy here.  Any tips please for easy way to do this? it's been on the floor several times!  I'm afraid I am going to damage the card- help please anyone!    TIA

5 REPLIES 5
wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

New/very recent phones tend to take what is known as a Nano sim.  These are generally smaller than older sims.  Does your original sim appear too big for the new phone? 

bluesbaby75
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi, the sim card is exactly the same size as in my old SE.

Problem solved I hope, son came over and twit here had been trying to put the card in the red tray which came out of the new phone in addition to the tray which slid out of the old phone with card in it. ( You can tell I have never inserted a sim card before).   Hence too thick to insert!      Phone now backing up to iCloud.   Hoping I can get on tonight - although tried to phone with sim card in from my home phone and said it wasn't registered.  Hey ho, next call to EE tomorrow for more shenanigans I expect.  Bleugh..  thanks for suggestion though , appreciated!    ( Well I am 80, what do you expect? haha)  

Reading that you're 80 cheered me up a bit as I am in my 80th year and although not put off with new tech challenges am struggling with a sim card problem. I'm swopping service provider to EE and a sim card was posted to me. I removed the old one, but found the new one is bigger, it's the mini and I think I need the micro for my iPhone 7. I have no way to make calls now as I don't have a phone on my landline, just a laptop. and of course I have a disabled iPhone. EE relies so much on phone helpline provision which is of no use to me. anyway as I say your age comment cheered me up!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @roberta5 

Welcome to the community, we'll do our best to help you.

The SIM card you have received should be what we call a multi-SIM. It should pop out to the size you need. Then pop it into your phone and hopefully it should work straight away.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Thanks for your tip, Chris. I had got a worse problem as I managed to jam the old SIM card into the opening minus the tray. I went into town and EE store did what you described. Then on I went to Apple where someone managed to extricate the old card. Now I’m tapping this message on the phone. A lesson for me.