cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E sim not working after reset

sallyrose1-
Visitor

Hi I hope you all can help. Today I got sent a new iPhone 13 and I set it up and converted my sim to an e sim. I then realised I’d set it up without updating to iCloud so none of my new photos were on there. I then updated the I cloud on the iPhone 11  and had to reset the iPhone 13. In doing this I now cannot get my sim to work. Even my physical sim does not work in my iPhone 13. I’m assuming in resetting the iPhone 13 the e sim has now disappeared and doesn’t even work as a physical one as I had previously converted it? Thanks I’m advance. 

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@sallyrose1-   If you convert a sim into an eSIM that Sim card no longer has any information on it so it’s bin fodder.  If your phone has been wiped there is no eSim information on it as it’s been wiped from the device.  

Is there a reason to use the eSim ? as there is no gain to using it and it actually causes issues like this when you wipe the device.  

Your going to have to call customer services and request a replacement SIM card or you can go to an EE store to request one.  You will need photo ID if you go a store.