cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions on how to add an Apple Watch Cellular plan - complex setup

lukeob
Visitor

Hi – Welcome any suggestions or experiences on whether anyone has achieved this.  I can't be the only person with a similar situation.

I would like to purchase an Apple Watch Ultra2 and to use a cellular plan.   I would prefer (may need to), to purchase the Watch myself, rather than on a contract with a provider - as I can then reclaim half the cost of the watch under a wellness scheme with my employer!

However, I need full use of ALL Watch functions, without any of the constraints the Family Mode Setup has (from Set up Apple Watch for a family member – Apple Support (UK)

The following features and apps are not available: Medications, respiratory rate, irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, AF History, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Wrist Temperature, Blood Oxygen, Walking Steadiness, Audiobooks, Remote, News and Shortcuts.

My challenging setup:

• ‘My’ device is a personally owned iPhone 13, on a corporate EE contract my employer pays (physical SIM) (Phone A).
  • I have already had confirmation from our EE Corporate contact we cannot add a Watch eSIM to a corporate account, only personal plans.
  • I have two existing EE personal contracts on my account, both with physical SIMs:
    • An iPhone 14 which is my daughters (Phone B)
    • A 4GEE router (Phone C)

Questions:

1. Can EE do ‘SIM only’ packages for Apple Watch, allowing me to separately buy and partially reclaim the Watch?
  2. Whether I buy the Watch directly myself or on a new contract, is there any way Could I add the Apple Watch to the 4GEE device?   (I understand this would then share the number from Phone C, and not receive incoming calls to my Phone A. 
  3. If possible, I could take the SIM out of the 4GEE router and put into MY iPhone 13 (Phone A) to setup the Apple Watch under my Apple ID, but with the shared 4GEE number.
  4. Putting SIMs back to their original devices – will my phone and the watch be configurable once activated to remain fully operational, albeit ‘unpaired’ and independent, aside from apps which leverage the shared Apple ID?

Thanks in advance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lukeob 

Welcome to the community. We'll do our best to answer your questions.

1. No, we don't offer SIM only contracts for Apple Watch

2. It would probably be technically possible, if you were to buy the watch elsewhere, although your price plan may not cover the usage. You need an EE pay monthly plan and a compatible iPhone.

3. Again, it would probably be technically possible, but the price plan may not cover usage.

4. It depends which phone you're going to pair it with. I can't be sure it would work fully with your corporate number.

Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lukeob 

Welcome to the community. We'll do our best to answer your questions.

1. No, we don't offer SIM only contracts for Apple Watch

2. It would probably be technically possible, if you were to buy the watch elsewhere, although your price plan may not cover the usage. You need an EE pay monthly plan and a compatible iPhone.

3. Again, it would probably be technically possible, but the price plan may not cover usage.

4. It depends which phone you're going to pair it with. I can't be sure it would work fully with your corporate number.

Chris