cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch - cannot download esim

mfitchett
Explorer

I have an Apple Watch and an iPhone

Both were provided by EE - both have worked for many years.

I went away on holiday - I took the phone and left the Watch.  During that time the charger failed on the Watch and the batter ran down.

I put it back on charge with a new charger when I came home but its lost the esim.

Ive tried re-paring with no luck.  I've called tech support and tried downloading a new esim on wifi, just on cellular.  We have tried repairing, wiping the Watch and re-setting up

We have tried refreshing the esim, the plan - on wifi, just on celluar

We are into day 2 now and I still can't get the data plan I have onto the Watch

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix it or where to take this issue ?

Many thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mfitchett
Explorer

So this was eventually resolved.  If this happens to you Id strongly suggest you call is escalated to 2nd line support.  My call seemed to go wrong when I was asked to remove the EE plan from the Watch App - that's the ESIM - in the end 2nd line fixed pretty fast

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mfitchett

Welcome to the community.

I would advise continuing with the troubleshooting that our technical support team are going through with you. If they aren't able to fix it, they can escalate it to the next level of support.

Hopefully they can find out what is causing the problem and get it fixed soon.

Chris

mfitchett
Explorer

So this was eventually resolved.  If this happens to you Id strongly suggest you call is escalated to 2nd line support.  My call seemed to go wrong when I was asked to remove the EE plan from the Watch App - that's the ESIM - in the end 2nd line fixed pretty fast