cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series 8 watch

BlueEyes2
Investigator
Investigator

Do I need to take my phone out and about with me or will it work anyway? I can’t seem to find if it has cellular or not 

4 REPLIES 4
WS1995
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

As far as I understand EE only sell the cellular models, so if you buy direct from EE you can use it standalone WITHOUT the phone, as long as you have a data plan with it.

If you buy it from another provider/off eBay/Amazon etc then you will need an "eSim" plan from EE, this used to be £7 a month last year and the watch would then have it's own data allowance per month. Best to get it direct from EE if you want one that will work with your phone without any extra hassle and will come with it's own plan.

@BlueEyes2   Did you setup a contract for the watch  ?   Where did you get the watch from ?  

Hi Chris, from ee and it’s being delivered today but since ordering if been doing so research and seen there was one just wifi and one with both and the one needed to have handset nearby. 
I tried to speak to ee last night but she didn’t know 🙈 so was worried I’d ordered wrong one 

Hi, yeah so I ordered from ee and being delivered today but after ordering and looking into it Iv seen there’s two different types and when contacting ee last night the lady didn’t know so was worried I’d ordered wrong one