cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number doesn't change in iphone-'settings'-'my number'

Naran533
Explorer

Hi all, I just changed from another service to EE and kept my old number. As a new customer, I received an EE SIM card with a new number. My iPhone recognised the new number as 'my number' in 'Settings'-'Phone' then. Good job. Then my old number was successfully transferred 2 days later. But 'my number' kept being the new one. I tried to change the number myself by inputting the old number and clicked Save button, but this didn't work. I know this is me being obsessive-compulsive, but a wrong number saved in my phone may cause misleading. Has anyone solved the same problem and can help? Many thanks ❤️

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Naran533

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Can you try going into Settings > Messages > Turn iMessage off and also Settings > FaceTime > turn off. 

If you can then turn both back on, does the number change? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Leanne_T

Hi there @Naran533

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Can you try going into Settings > Messages > Turn iMessage off and also Settings > FaceTime > turn off. 

If you can then turn both back on, does the number change? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T ,

You're amazing! It's solved!

Just with more trick: I turned off/on iMessage and FaceTime, the number didn't change until I clicked on the number. Then a loading circle appeared behind the number, after which the number changed. Phew! Relax now.

Thank you very much ❤️

Leanne_T

Amazing @Naran533

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

I've had it before and this worked for me too!

Have a lovely night. 

Leanne. 

Revila
Visitor

Hai i just register the new ee SIM card but i used the same email with old SIM card the old SIM card already throw away i used the new SIM card but when i wont top up the number still the old one thx

Leanne_T

Hi @Revila

Did you contact our mobile care team to register the SIM card and keep the same number? 

Or, did you get a new mobile number? 

Thanks.

Leanne.

hello

Unfortunately I’m having the same problem and have tried turning off iMessage and FaceTime, then back on but it won’t then let me change to the correct “my number” under phone settings.

My number has ported over correctly otherwise and iMessage etc is working.

Any further ideas?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions 🙂 

Leanne_T

Hi @DrSJF16

Thanks for coming here. 

How long ago did your number transfer? 

Leanne.

• Hiya, I’m having the exact same issue.

i have tried turning off iMessage & FaceTime, then I enter in my old number & save. Then turn back on iMessage & face time But it still shows the “new number”.

I’ve also tried it the other way round; change number, then turn off/on iMessage & FaceTime, still the same.

I’ve turned my phone on & off, still the same.

can you help please?

hi naran, can you please help as I have exact same issue.  Can you tell me exactly what you did please?  You mention you pressed on the number & got a loading circle…. Every time I try to press on to my number it deletes it.  Help! It’s driving me potty 😬