cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going circles

venkateshr
Investigator
Investigator

I have a SIM only mobile plan on 2 year contract. I wanted to add a SIM only plan for my Apple Watch. I have been trying this since April 2023, I have been given multiple reasons literally lost interest in June 2023 and moved on.

Now tried again yesterday, I phoned customer service, gentleman added a rolling monthly SIM only Watch plan for £7, asked me to wait for 15 mins and things will work. Till today morning, nothing happened, I called customer service again and explained the situation, the gentleman said it was wrong planned. He told me he added "correct" plan asked me to wait 40 mins and go to Watch App on iPhone and tap in "Setup mobile Service" should work. Its been 2 hours and "Setup mobile Service" is still greyed out. Watch is next to phone, restarted both did everything, nothing. 

Phone is iPhone 13 Pro and Watch is SE version (Cellular version). What I want is leave the phone at home so I can use watch to make phone call and text messages. Both phone and watch bought in Apple Store. 

Am I in circles again?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
venkateshr
Investigator
Investigator

This is fixed. My fault. This is due to apple watch bought in USA which isn't suitable with the region. I bought a watch at apple store yesterday here in UK and I could get this working without any issues.  This thread can be closed. However, I'm still not sure why Apple iPhone works if you buy from USA not Apple Watch. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
venkateshr
Investigator
Investigator

Apparently, now the customer service agent told me its Apple's fault (this is 2nd time). 1st time was in April 2023, I went to apple and a lady from Apple ran a diagnostic service and told me its nothing to do with Apple. Its the service provider who should provide network. 2nd time now the EE customer service lady transferred my call to Apple. Apple again says it has nothing to do with Apple. This is not rocket science adding relevant user profile, add relevant services, simple device sync. EE is happy to take money for your mobile and watch but don't provide service. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @venkateshr 

Welcome to the community.

This is something that our technical support teams should be able to help you with. When you go into the Watch app on your iPhone, what does it say under mobile/cellular plan?

Is your phone on the latest software version?

Chris

Yes both are updated to latest version.  Attached its the one I see

image1.png

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Are you on the latest software on your Watch and iPhone, @venkateshr?

Chris

venkateshr
Investigator
Investigator

This is fixed. My fault. This is due to apple watch bought in USA which isn't suitable with the region. I bought a watch at apple store yesterday here in UK and I could get this working without any issues.  This thread can be closed. However, I'm still not sure why Apple iPhone works if you buy from USA not Apple Watch.