cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking a device

Floresque
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone - I have a Samsung device that is locked.  I started the unlocking process by pressing *#06#  to find my IMEI number which I then verified on the form.  I was then taken to a screen which gave me my unlock code which I  was told to keep handy as I would "need it for the next bit"

I was asked to "Hit the link below. We’ll explain how to use your unlock code to finish things up"  
Unlock your Samsung device 

That link takes me back to the screen with instructions on how to retrieve and verify my IMEI number which I have already done - if I try to repeat those steps I get this message

Floresque_0-1699308284788.png

I then entered my email address to have "the steps to unlock your device" sent to me by email.  The email says my unlock request has been accepted and shows my IMEI device number but there are some simple steps I need to complete on the device itself before I can use it on any UK network".  There is also a link.  Great - now I'm getting somewhere - the link takes me to this page:

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/unlock-device/unlock-an-ee-device-to-use-with-another-networ...

There are no further instructions to unlock my device or how to use the unlock code I was given - which is different to the device's IMEI number.  The two links on the page to unlock my device take me back AGAIN to the IMEI retrieval and verification page which I have already done and tried to repeat.  After an hour of going round in circles I've given up.

Can anyone help me please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Floresque,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

To complete the unlock, insert a SIM card from another network into your phone and enter the unlock code when prompted.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
James_B

Hi @Floresque,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

To complete the unlock, insert a SIM card from another network into your phone and enter the unlock code when prompted.

Hope this helps.

James

Hi James - thanks for your help.  I tried that and it didn't work.  When I insert the sim the prompt says the SIM network PIN is blocked and I need to enter the SIM network PUK - I haven't a clue what that is.

James_B

Hi James - thanks but that's not going to work because the PUK code is for my EE SIM.  I'm trying to unlock the phone to use it with a SIM from another network.  I have the code to unlock it but it's no use until the phone itself is unlocked.

Christopher_G

Which SIM is asking for the PUK code, @Floresque? An EE SIM or the new network's SIM?

Chris

Hi Chris - neither.  it was asking for the sim network unlock pin so I could use it with the new SIM.  I spoke to an EE adviser who said I needed to use the device unlock code in two halves - but first had to unlock the SIM I wanted to use in the phone first.

Anyhow - the advice I was given was wrong and I managed to figure it out myself 😊 

Christopher_G

OK, I see, @Floresque. Thanks for letting us know. 🙂

Chris

Hey 

I've got the same issue.

What did you do to solve it?

Leanne_T

Hi @ArifD 

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Have you tried another network SIM in the device to make sure this is not already unlocked? 

Do you get an error message when entering the IMEI on the device unlock form? 

Leanne 🙂