cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t connect phone hotspot to smart TV

1275rob
Investigator
Investigator

Folks looking for some help please, I have a bush smart TV & an I phone 11, I can connect the TV to WiFi at home with no problems, however when I try to connect my phone using the hotspot function it won’t connect, it will find the signal & ask for the hotspot password but then won’t connect. My wife has the same phone on sky mobile which uses the EE network and her phone connects with no problems.  We use the tv in the caravan & I have linked to the site WiFi with no issues, my phone will link to I pad & wife’s mobile but not TV, any ideas 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @1275rob.

Can you try a reset of your network settings?

This is done in Settings, General, Reset, then Reset Network Settings.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@1275rob  Have you trying just restarting your phone ?   

Sky mobile use O2 not EE by the way but it’s nothing to do with a network connection it’s your device that’s the issue. 

Hi Chris yes I have done this several times with no success. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @1275rob.

Can you try a reset of your network settings?

This is done in Settings, General, Reset, then Reset Network Settings.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

Hi Jon tried your suggestion & now links perfectly, thanks for your help

Regards

Rob

Sent from my iPhone

i have tried resetting network settings and have had no luck? what else could i try

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

What kind of phone are you using, @lydiaakweenda?

Chris

Hi Jon 

I’ve reset my network setting on my iPhone 11. Now it shows my hotspot on the smart tv but it still doesn’t connect to my phone. It works on my other family members phone but not mine. Any suggestions?

If I'm reading this correctly your using your iPhone as an Hotspot then connecting (or trying to) the Smart TV to that Hotspot so the TV can connect to the Internet through the iPhone to stream using your your EE Data, ?

If so, go to the iPhones APN Settings (Access Point) and see if you can change the protocol from IPV4/6 or IPV6 to IPV4 Only, if suscussfull reboot everything, phone and TV set up the Hotspot, try and connect again and report back the outcome

Tiburonsmoke
Investigator
Investigator

I had similar. After a whole year of being unable to use my projector, a scheduled update to my iOS fixed the problem. I found a new option in the Personal Hotspot menu: “Maximise Compatibility”. Switching this ON allowed my projector to connect again. Apparently, the setting toggles between WiFi frequencies.