cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use iMessage since moving to EE

sparcuk
Contributor
Contributor

Since moving to EE some of my iMessages are sending as Texts, and others are sending as normal. For example, sending an iMessage to my wife works, although she sees it as coming from my email address and not my name in her phone. Sending to a group iMessage sends okay. But sending to some individuals that I've sent to hundreds of times before as an imessage now send as texts. They are able to receive imessages from their family, my wife, etc, but not from me.

I've checked all the settings in both Apple ID, and under Messages. Anyone any ideas on what I can do get this working? Like I say, it's only started happening since the transfer to EE from Vodafone (had no issues with this in VF)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@sparcuk   Did you port over your number from a different network?    If you did can you go to setting>phone and check to see if your number is showing correctly.  If it is not your number but the original number that came with a Sim card you need to turn off iMessage and FaceTime and then restart the device.  Then check your number in settings>phone once more if it’s now showing correctly you can turn iMessages and FaceTime back on. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @sparcuk 

@Chris_B  will be able to help with imessage but you might need to speak to ee CS and ask them to refresh your line. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

@sparcuk   Did you port over your number from a different network?    If you did can you go to setting>phone and check to see if your number is showing correctly.  If it is not your number but the original number that came with a Sim card you need to turn off iMessage and FaceTime and then restart the device.  Then check your number in settings>phone once more if it’s now showing correctly you can turn iMessages and FaceTime back on. 

sparcuk
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @Chris_B 

Okay, so I did what you suggested and also added my own step of cursing it to hell and back. Seems to have done the trick! I suspect my step just helped it understand the urgency.

Actually I did add a step. When I went into Facetime I noticed that there was no checkmark against my phone number, but one against my icloud email address, and my gmail (which is my apple ID registered email address). This probably explains why my wife was seeing my messages coming through to imessage as though from my gmail address. What I think may have happened is that it took a week before my number completed porting over, when it did it I restarted the phone but it appeared to have not reapplied the checkmark against the phone number in Message and Facetime.

It was your prompting to look at those again which helped me find it

Thanks muchly!!