cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock Samsung S9 but do I need to having moved from BT

Shamus57
Investigator
Investigator

Having moved my two Sims from BT in November, both Samsung phones work OK, but when I look on My EE they are both shown as unknown & locked? I followed the link to unlock and every time I enter to 15 digit IMEI number I get the same message "Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please enter your IMEI again or come back later" and after several attempts on different days I have given up.

Can any body help or is there a number one can call as 150 was a waste of time and I wished I have stayed with BT 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Shamus57,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If your phones were purchased unlocked, My EE must be incorrectly stating that they're locked to EE.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

James

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

When did you buy these phones? All new phones sold after Dec. 2021 are sold unlocked.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

They were both purchased unlocked mine a refurbished S9+ and my partners a new M42 just over a year ago

James_B

Hi @Shamus57,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If your phones were purchased unlocked, My EE must be incorrectly stating that they're locked to EE.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

James

Hello James,

How do I correct this error as I have just tried again with the IMEI number and the same error message!

James_B

Hi @Shamus57,

You don't need to take any further action if your phones are unlocked.

Thanks

James

As you bought these phones unlocked you don't need to unlock them via the unlocking form on the EE site using your IMEI.

Have you tried a non-EE SIM in them?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hello James,

So it sounds like I just ignore I have two unknown phones on my account and they are both shown as locked. Unable to reply earlier I was unable to get onto EE with PC or App! 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Shamus57 

If you don't recognise these phones, you should report this to our Customer Care team so they can investigate for you.

Jon

Thanks Jon,

I will call the number mentioned on an earlier reply.

Wish me luck