cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate Face ID

Soulsister66
Explorer

Logged into my EE and I wasn’t given the option to set up a PIN number to activate Face ID can anyone help as I have been a victim of identity theft and I’m wondering why the app isn’t giving me this option so I’m now questioning is my identity still being used also can’t get itemised bills 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Soulsister66  open Settings>Face ID & Passcode enter your device passcode and then select other apps then make sure My EE is enable.      

having this enable has nothing to do with identity theft and will

not stop it.   This is just to stop someone opening the My EE app on your device because they don’t know your passcode to open the My EE app and your Face ID automatically enters that passcode when you open the app yourself. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Soulsister66 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Do you have itemised billing set up for your bills? 

Have you changed your password for the My EE app? 

If you go into your My EE app settings > Log in settings > Can you set up Face ID?

Leanne 🙂

I have opened settings to click to go into Face ID & Passcode and enabled EE app for face ID but when i went back to the EE app to log in, i had to sign in with my 4 digit passcode, Face ID didn’t even come up. How can i enable it?

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @serenmai123 

If you close the app completely then try again, does it now work?

Jon

@Soulsister66   Are you clicking logout of the app ?  If you are then don’t as this is why you are being asked to sign back in and Face ID will not work.  Just come out of the app and the next time you open it it’ll use Face ID.