cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Esim for new tablet

NDDLB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I added a Samsung galaxy s9 ultra to my plan and it arrived fine but I've not been sent a QR code for the esim for the plan that I opted for so I am unable to set up the sim card. I ordered a replacement sim card which came but when I tried activating that all I managed to do was switch my phone plan over to it instead of activating it which I didn't want to do as ive now had to put that sim card in my phone instead of my tablet... 

How do I go about getting the tablet plan activated so I have signal on my tablet? I assumed it would come with a QR code but it didn't. Will I need to order a replacement sim and somehow activate that? 

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @NDDLB

Did your tablet come with a physical SIM?

Have you switched the tablet on? if yes, is their any prompts to set up your eSIM during set up?

Katie

It didn't come with any sim at all, and if I click search for esim on the tablet it says there isn't any found

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming @NDDLB

Have you tried logging in to your EE account and downloading an eSIM from there?

If not please log in and see if this an option.

Speak soon,

Katie

It does not come up as an option but I managed to get a physical sim and have them activate it over webchat so it's thankfully sorted

James_B

Thanks for the update, @NDDLB 🙂

James