cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do iPhone badges work?

MarkC1969
Visitor
I am considering switching to an iPhone but I need to clarify a very specific point.  On my old Android phone that I need to upgrade the icon badges display an unread count. On the new Android phones the OS has changed and the badges are now a notification count. The difference is that the notification count clears when you open the messages app and so you can now have unread messages on your phone but no badge to remind you to deal with them later.

How do the badges work on the iPhone?  If I go into messages and leave 2 unread will the number 2 be left on the app icon to remind me or will it vanish like on Android? Thanks.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MarkC1969 

Welcome to the community.

I have an iPhone. I have a text message that I haven't read yet in my inbox. I went into the inbox without reading the message and returned to the main menu. The icon still says 1 message unread.

Hope this answers your question. 🙂

Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MarkC1969 

Welcome to the community.

I have an iPhone. I have a text message that I haven't read yet in my inbox. I went into the inbox without reading the message and returned to the main menu. The icon still says 1 message unread.

Hope this answers your question. 🙂

Chris