cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplained Delay in Lost iPhone Insurance

Raisin
Visitor

Hello community,

I had raised a request for my lost iPhone on 25th Feb 2024 i.e. TWO WEEKS ago. I was told that since the Insurance Dept don’t work on weekends, they will look into it and resolve it in next 72 business hours. NOTHING happened the whole week.

Now, this week on Monday 4th March 2024 I had an interview appointment with an Insurance Team guy who at the end of the conversation asked me to send a bill of food to prove that I was out following which he will make a decision in next 24-48 hours which I emailed him immediately after the call finished.

It’s been FIVE DAYS since then after that and NO ONE has bothered to either reply or intimate about any developments.

Hence I sent them an e-mail REMINDER on 6th March 2024 about their claim of final decision in 24-48 hours, and if they need any more information from me to resolve the matter. But they haven’t acknowledged that email either.

On calling the customer care, they say there have been NO PROGRESS NOTES whatsoever in my account thus far, and that the insurance team is “STILL LOOKING INTO IT” and they will let me know WHENEVER they have something to say.

So, in essence it’s been 2 weeks without the phone, while EE charges me for Airtime, and phone cost.

I’m utterly appalled at this kind of attitude that’s being put on display in last 2 weeks. Is this sort of opaqueness a typical practice with EE insurance department? Or they just sit on a file till whatever time they please to?

As a customer, what shall I do now? What are my options, apart from being at the mercy of Insurance Team?

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Raisin 

Welcome to the community.

Thank you for detailing your experience so far. Did you get a replacement SIM card when you first started the claim? If so, do you have a spare phone you could use or have a phone you could borrow whilst your claim is being looked into?

Chris

Hi @Christopher_G 

I’m facing a similar situation with EE. I made a lost claim and was told insurance team will give me a call back and the timeline is not specified.

whenever I give them a call they say that the team is looking into it and someone will contact me and no timeline mentioned whatsoever.

feels like lost claims are ignored for as long as possible 

The only point in paying the insurance is to get these issues solved as soon as possible

I am a loyal customer of EE for the past 5 years and I’m really disappointed with the service.

stolen phone issues are resolved instantly if not in 24 hours. I hope it’s the same with lost case since the situation is no less stressful than a stolen case 

Love45
Explorer

Hi @Raisin 

Is your claim issue resolved and how long did it take for ee to resolve it 

it would be really helpful if you could respond 

thank you 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Love45 

Sorry to hear that your phone has been lost. Hopefully the insurance team is in touch with you soon. Please keep us updated with what happens.

Chris