cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help- Esim to Physical sim abroad

Gday3
Visitor

Hello Everyone, 

I wanted to know if someone could help I would like to change my psychical sim to esim whilst abroad although someone working at EE said this would lock my phone? I don’t see how, I won’t be back anything time soon, please could someone help? What would happen if I change my physical sim to esim whilst abroad 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gday3  You need to be connected to the EE network directly to change from a physical sim to an eSim.   More importantly, if anything went wrong on the change over as it has been known to happen occasionally you will be left without a signal on your phone and you’ll then need to request a replacement Sim card and EE do not post these abroad.    But to even activate the eSim you need to be connected to EE and not a roaming network.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gday3  You need to be connected to the EE network directly to change from a physical sim to an eSim.   More importantly, if anything went wrong on the change over as it has been known to happen occasionally you will be left without a signal on your phone and you’ll then need to request a replacement Sim card and EE do not post these abroad.    But to even activate the eSim you need to be connected to EE and not a roaming network.  

Scottlambson
Investigator
Investigator

There are a lot of mis information going around even from ee customer support. 
I have done this twice so I know it works. 
I bought a new iPhone 15 in USA. I transferred my sim from my old iPhone 12 to my new iohone 15. While in the usa. I was roaming on Ee. 
yes. I did it. 
now I traded my new iPhone 15 for a replacement. It had my Esim in the phone. It got deleted by apple. 
I had new iPhone 15 with no working SIM card in my iPhone 12. Once I transferred it …it was gone. 

Now I had to activate my iPhone 15 esim a second time. 
many at ee said I couldn’t do it in USA. Well. I got someone at customer support who was able to reset my sim on my phone number. 
i don’t understand the technology but I actually put a USA SIM card into my iPhone 12. My ee number showed up in my iPhone 12. (Along with my new USA number( I  panicked and bought a one month USA SIM card because I didn’t really believe ee could fix this)There was no ee SIM card installed in my iPhone 12. I  was able to transfer my number and sim to my iPhone 15. Yes. It works. I have my uk number and data plan from ee working on my new iPhone 15. Don’t give up. Some people at ee know how esim cards really work. And you can upgrade your new phone while abroad.