cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery

taffcar1
Explorer

I am still in contract and my SE is 18 months old but the battery keeps dying on me. It could be on 50% and then shut down

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@taffcar1   If you go to Settings>Battery>Battery Health and Charging what does it say your battery health is ?   If it’s below 80% you need to have the battery exchanged. 

Batteries degrade the more you charge it and the iPhone is good for around 600 charging cycles before it gets to that 80% limit as that’s the battery degradation.   So if you charge it from 0-100%  that’s a cycle or 2 charging cycles from 50-100%  or a cycle from 25% to 100 and then another charge from 25% to 50%.  anything that add up to 100 is a cycle.   

You get 12 months warranty on a battery so to have this fixed will be at your own cost to have this replaced you’ll be best of booking an apple appointment for a battery exchange and this will cost you £69.   You can use THIS 

Hi Chris, thanks for response and I have checked the battery help and it’s at 95% so I’m assuming it’s not the battery causing the phone to lose power rapidly 

@taffcar1   Have you tried a network reset on the device?    This can cause battery draining issues if your device it’s try to find a network to connect too.    It doesn’t hurt to even do this. 
You’ll find this in Settings>General>Transfer & Reset>Reset>Reset Network Settings.