cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i buy the new one orr...

NoobyNoob
Visitor

So am plannin on buying an iphone 12, and chose the  unlimited minutes, unlimited text messages, unlimited data, plan. Which is 62 quids a month which am fine with but then saw the 24 months plan. does it mean am gonna pay £62 for a whole 2 years which means ill be spendin over 1k (which is enough to buy an iphone 14) or can i just cancel the subscription when i've paid for the phone in full??

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, in EE contracts the handset & plan are bundled in the price for the whole term.

EE's contracts have no concept of paying off the handset. You agree to pay the same price for the full duration of the contract. There will however be a 10% discount 3 months after the end of min. term. You may always choose to upgrade your contract to a cheaper SIM-Only contract from the last 45 days of your contract term.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You will pay the Monthly Contract Cost until you give 30 Days notice to Quit, you obviously cannot quit until your 2 Year Contract is completed or you may have the option to to Upgrade during your Contract Term.

If you believe that taking a Phone Contract over a 24 Month term isn't right for you then you could consider buying a Mobile Phone outright upfront and then just taking out a Sim Only Plan.

Bionic69
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@NoobyNoob  Hi when I changed networks to EE I went onto payg then I was offered a sim only contract which i decided to accept I get unlimited calls & texts but decided I only wanted 1gb of data reason being was I use Wi-Fi at home so dont really need the Internet whilst out & about unless using google maps or finding a shop etc at the time I was using a iPhone 11 but it gave up the ghost so I started using a android but scouting around different sites & asking ppl if they knew of any cheap iPhone 12’s I came across a really cheap iPhone 12 which was a bargain (it’s all legal & working all ok ) so i snapped it up ! So now I’m using a iPhone 12 & my phone bill each month now is just under £10 month & that’s just with the price rise so I’ve got about another 18 months left on the contract so when you work it out what I’m paying a month & what I paid for a secondhand iPhone 12 & as a bonus I’ve just moved so I get 5g signal to so I’m on a win win situation 😃. So what I would advise is buy a secondhand iPhone 12 you can pick them up cheap enough these days & get a sim only contract (if you do decide to do what I did make sure you check the phone out before you buy) even if you get the unlimited everything sim your still be quids in 👍

@NoobyNoob  The iPhone 12 starts at £649 without calls/text or unlimited data.  It’s not just the phone you’re paying for it’s also the minutes/text and data allowance.     So that’s about £500 per just for the allowance   While you can get a 14 at that price you still need call/text/data to have a working device.