cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch se cellular

longy316
Explorer

I am looking at getting a Apple watch through my employers vitality health insurance, if I do can I link data through my current plan to the watch? I don't use anywhere near my allocation of data on my phone plan so if possible I don't want to pay for the extra data on watch

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@longy316   The watch will work when connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth but if you have any to go out without the phone and have a cellular connection on the watch then you’ll have to pay to have a 30 day rolling contract.  The watch has its own data allowance as this will be a 2nd device on your account and this has nothing todo with your phone contract.  You can not use your phone call/text allowance on the watch but the watch needs a data connection and you have to pay for that.   You’ll get 10Gb of data just for the watch and the 30 day rolling contract is £7 per month 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@longy316   The watch will work when connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth but if you have any to go out without the phone and have a cellular connection on the watch then you’ll have to pay to have a 30 day rolling contract.  The watch has its own data allowance as this will be a 2nd device on your account and this has nothing todo with your phone contract.  You can not use your phone call/text allowance on the watch but the watch needs a data connection and you have to pay for that.   You’ll get 10Gb of data just for the watch and the 30 day rolling contract is £7 per month 

Ok that's good to know thanks for your help