cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in

LianeG
Explorer

I have just purchased a new I phone, delivery day is today.  When ordering i asked about trading in my old phone for a reduction in monthly bill, Rob who I spoke to said this was not an option.  I now know of a few people who have done it! Have I been fobbed off? Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @LianeG,

The only thing I can think of is if you are on an anytime upgrade, you must trade in the current device on the anytime upgrade contract.

If that's not the case, could you tell us what you were on before upgrading (device etc and what you are upgrading to)?

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM

My 2 year contract ran out in April and went to SIM only until I decided what phone I wanted.  So am I to assume this is because I went a few months over the 2  year contact? As far as I am aware yes  it was anytime upgrade 🤔

Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

If you are on sim only now then it shouldn't matter. Maybe wait for one of the EE staff @Leanne_T @Katie_B @Christopher_G to reply.

Cheers,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Have you looked at any of the various trade-in places online to see what they'll give you got your phone? You could trade it in that way, and just make a one off payment to EE and reduce your bills for a few months?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LianeG,

From time to time we have trade in deals on specific handsets and plans, if there wasn't one available to you when you upgraded, you can trade in your phone at recycle.ee.co.uk.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James