Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple stand-alone watch - mobile data no connection

Cathy24
Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

i purchased an Apple Watch yesterday on the £20 a month plan but 24 hours later it is still showing there is no mobile data connection. Does it take longer to work, do I need to do something to connect or is there a problem with the watch? 

cathy 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cathy24   The watch still needs an iPhone to setup the data plan.  

The tariff you’ve chosen is aimed at people who have an iPhone and wish to give an Apple Watch to someone ie a child  in order to keep an eye on them to keep track of them and to keep contact of them.  

the person with the iPhone will be in charge of who the watch can call/text  and who can call/text the watch. 

please see THIS 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cathy24   The watch still needs an iPhone to setup the data plan.  

The tariff you’ve chosen is aimed at people who have an iPhone and wish to give an Apple Watch to someone ie a child  in order to keep an eye on them to keep track of them and to keep contact of them.  

the person with the iPhone will be in charge of who the watch can call/text  and who can call/text the watch. 

please see THIS 

Cathy24
Investigator
Investigator

So I now have an EE pay monthly sim plan and when I tried to set up mobile data on my daughter’s watch from my watch app I got a message saying your EE account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. 
We have a separate data plan for the watch, and now have a pay monthly EE sim for the phone, so not sure what the problem is. 

@Cathy24   You’ll have to speak with customer services about that as any pay monthly contract should be able to activate the watch with cellular data when it’s a family tariff for the watch.   

Thank you I will call them