cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with voice calls on android phone

peacea
Investigator
Investigator

Hi - my phone is having issues with voice calls over mobile networks. Calls connect, and I can hear the other person, but they can't hear me. After 20 seconds the call then gets automatically disconnected. This applies whether I call them or they call me. 

I've tried it with WiFi calling on and off and also completely turning off the WiFi connection, and this doesn't help. 

I've tested the microphone and it is ok, plus calls through WhatsApp etc work ok. 

Phone is sony XQ-AS52. Software Android 12 (6.2.2) updated 12th Jan. I suspect this is when this issue started, but can't be sure. 

Hope someone can help!

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

WhatsApp usage is treated by your phone & the mobile network as what it is - data usage. All this therefore proves is your phone has a working microphone and internet connection.

Are you using VoLTE for your voice calls? Android phones have a VoLTE indicator next to your coverage bars to indicate 4G-calling is being used.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @peacea 

Before the update was the phone working correctly. 

If so then back up and try factory resetting. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I don't think my phone shows VoLTE, but will look into that, thanks

As an update, I just did a restart and it started working again. However, I turn my phone off every night and this isn't the first time it's happened, so is intermittently an issue...

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @peacea 

Thanks for coming here. 

If this happens again, please report the service problem on the EE Coverage & Network Status Checker | Check your signal, if you enter your postcode, device and then 'check status' this will give you the option to report any problems you are having. This would then be investigated by the network team. 

Leanne. 

Hi, could poor signal man I could hear the other person clearly and they could hear nothing at all from me? I've not come across that as a symptom of poor network connection before.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Missing incoming or outgoing speech is more likely to be a core network issue than a coverage/radio one.

Ensuring VoLTE (Android) or 4G-calling (Apple) is enabled & active is the first step.