cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch eSIM Activation

max770
Explorer

Hi, first time poster here and just wondering if you guys might be able to offer your thoughts. 

So I had a 30 day rolling contract on my Apple Watch Ultra and all was working fine. 

On the 31st October I called EE to upgrade my phone contract and at the same time EE offered me a 12 month eSIM contract on my Apple Watch at £5 a month rather than £7, which I was happy to take. 

At this point the EE rep said he would disconnect my 30 day number that was linked to my account and that the 12 month agreement would then take over. 

After 24 hours I still had no mobile data connection to my watch so called EE tech support. They couldn’t really tell me what was going on but this time asked for my EID number to the watch. They then stated that they didn’t know how long it would take to connect and that it could be up to two weeks. That was now around a week ago and still no mobile data connection to my watch. 

Has anyone else had similar experiences or got any advise? From speaking with EE they seem to be a bit clueless on what’s going on and when/if my watch will ever be successfully connected. 

Cheers in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @max770 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

To get an update, please give us another call on 150, and the team will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanna… I’ve been told by EE tech support to wait 2 weeks, which to be honest sounds like a fob off and a “we do not know what’s going on” response! So ultimately I’ve got to wait until the 14th. At which point, if it’s still not connected I’ll cancel my watch eSIM contract as EE obviously can’t fulfil it. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

I am very sorry to hear this @max770 

I hope this is sorted soon for you, please keep me updated. 

Leanne.