cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra…which plan is best?

maxkelby92
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I just ordered an Apple Watch Ultra after spending the last hour or so trying to decide between 4GB (no fitness plus) or unlimited (far too much data for a watch but including Fitness Plus). Factoring in the cost of Fitness Plus the unlimited plan is, surprisingly, only marginally more expensive than the 4GB plan. Just thinking value for money here…I know I have 14 days to change my mind but we’re talking £44 a month for 4GB (no fitness plus) or £51 a month for Unlimited (including Fitness Plus worth £9.99/month) so effectively £41 for the Watch (worth £849) plus unlimited data (not counting fitness plus). Considering fitness plus when bought annually is a bit cheaper at £79.99 it works out as £6.67 a month which means £51 minus £6.67 is £44.33 a month for the Watch and unlimited data versus £44.00 a month for the Watch and 4GB data. I’m new to this whole fitness plus thing and have never used the service before so what would you guys have chosen just out of interest? If I were to assume Fitness Plus is good value for money and something definitely worth £6.67 a month then the extra 33p for unlimited data versus 4GB seems not such a bad deal. But then I think a watch probably doesn’t even need 4GB data let alone unlimited so I’m purely thinking about the value for money aspect at this point. I am trying to engage in a more healthier lifestyle and the Watch is something I’m treating myself to as it will help me keep track of goals, targets, as well as overall health. I will be pairing it with my iPhone 14 Pro Max (also on EE).

8 REPLIES 8
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @maxkelby92 

Thanks for coming here and for ordering the watch. 

The Apple Fitness+ - Apple (UK) Support page has information on Apple Fitness+ and if this is something you would be interested in to help with your decision. 

If you find you would need more data once you receive the watch and start using this, you can contact our mobile care team who will be happy to help. 

Leanne.

maxkelby92
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you, after lengthy discussion with EE around CPI increases and value for money I decided the 4GB plan was the better option. £51 would be cheaper but after CPI increases it works out as not so great value. Considering I can subscribe to fitness plus separately, and still get 6 months free with the Apple Watch Ultra, and considering 4GB data is sufficient for a watch I decided to get the 4GB plan and subscribe to fitness plus separately.

Leanne_T

Thanks for letting me know @maxkelby92 

Enjoy your new watch when this arrives 🙂

Leanne.

maxkelby92
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If I were to change my mind at a later date and wish to switch to a fitness plan, most likely after CPI increases have taken effect so I don’t get another hike, would that theoretically be possible? The EE representative informed me, you see, that even if I was to cancel my order and order after the CPI increases have taken effect that the price for new customers would have increased to match the CPI increase anyway…? In other words the £51 plan would become £58 regardless…I ended up choosing the £44 plan for now.

Leanne_T

Hi @maxkelby92

If you return within 14 days and order after the 01 March 2023 the plan would not be subject to the annual price change until March 2024. However just to add the prices can be changed at anytime and the offer may no longer be available at the time you look to order, this is not something we can guarantee or would be aware of. 

*update to post* if you order after 01 March 2023, your plan won't be subject to the annual price change until March 2024.

Leanne.

maxkelby92
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The way it was explained to me was that EE will be increasing the prices for new customers to reflect CPI after 31st march anyway and I was told that it will make no difference if I were to cancel and order after 31st march. I do actually need definitive clarification on this. Because I had an hour long discussion today with EE Sales and they told me that even if I were to cancel and order later to avoid CPI for 2023-2024 that I won’t save anything anyway as they’ll update the prices for new customers to reflect CPI. Is this true then?

Leanne_T

This is not something we would be aware of on the community, I am sorry if you would like this looked into further please call us on 150 @maxkelby92 

Leanne.

Leanne_T

Hi @maxkelby92 

I have updated the post, as this is not the 31 March it is if you order after 1 March 2023, the plan won't be subject to the annual price change until March 2024.

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.