Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently Apple Watch cellular add on not available

Silverfoxxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone clarify, I’ve just got off a call with tech after being unable to add cellular to my Apple Watch ultra 2 due to a problem with some peoples plans not linking, told to check back in a week. When I asked how long this had been an issue she said it had been several months, I then asked is it likely to be fixed next week then? Ummm NO, would I like to upgrade my phone? 
What the actual, we can’t link your account, unless you upgrade your phone plan, what the ‘F’ is this all about. 
anyone else had this issue , penalised for buying products outright instead of on credit. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update, just got off phone, I had all the solutions written down to go through, the lady that answered literally fixed it in less than 5 mins with no input from me, she was Amazing compared to my last interaction. 
Basically I had the same issue as others I managed to find online that I had more than one account set up with the same email, 5 to be exact, she deleted the 4 old ones and then I logged in through the watch app and all done. 

Thanks EE team. 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Silverfoxxxx 

I'm not aware of any known issues with this service. Is it the £7 standalone plan that you're trying to set up?

Chris

Yes the £7 add on service to my current plan, literally now it’s the next day I’m even more disgusted that the option given was to leave, I’ve been with EE since the Orange days and never had service say, well nothing we can do, not sure why it happens, fancy an upgrade on your phone as it’s due, although this may not fix the watch issue or leave. 

what the F

Christopher_G

I'm really sorry about that, @Silverfoxxxx.

What happens when you try to add the plan in the Watch app on your iPhone?

Chris

Comes up with an error 012 and asks to call 150 as more information is needed. 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Silverfoxxxx 

Couple of questions:

Is the software on your phone on the latest software? Are you on a pay monthly contract phone plan (or SIM only phone plan)?

Chris

All up to date. 
sim only as I ended up buying my last iPhone outright as had a great deal from an online vendor. I’d happily get tied back in on a contract as such but I don’t need a new phone or want to pay more just for the sake of it, EE is best for me coverage wise. 

Christopher_G

OK, thank @Silverfoxxxx 

It should work with a phone SIM only plan. Have you tried activating when you're connected to WiFi and by mobile data separately on your phone, just to see if it works on either?

Chris

Yes I have tried with both of these options, rebooted a few times both the phone and watch. 
I have had a further look this morning and seems a couple of people have managed to get it sorted by talking to level 3 tech, it’s a possible issue if you’ve had different accounts with EE over the years, but unsure how to get through to level 3. 

Christopher_G

Thanks @Silverfoxxxx 

You've tried everything that I can see as part of our troubleshooting, up until the point where we'd need to access your account. Our technical support team should be able to raise this to the level 2 team, if they're still unable to fix it, it'll be escalated through the levels.

Please keep us posted on what happens.

Chris