cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

off brand tablet data does not work

madox0177
Investigator
Investigator

I needed a rugged tablet for work so brought the OUKITEL RT10 from amazon and got myself a EE sim for it. calls and txt works fine but the data just wont work.

i have been through all the settings, i referred to some of the threads on hear and found issues regarding sim cards starting with 36 not working in off brand devices, is this the reason or is there something I'm missing 

13 REPLIES 13
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @madox0177

Thanks for coming here. 

Can you visit add-on.ee.co.uk, do you have data remaining?

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@madox0177  Have you put the EE APN settings on the device? 

I have been through all the APN settings and still no joy

@madox0177   Can you text AL to 150 from the device?   What does it report back ?  

Your current charges to go onto your next bill are £0.00 (this excludes line rental, VAT & any unprocessed charges). Your current allowance is: Unlimited UK minutes and Unlimited UK texts. You have 200.0GB remaining of your 200.0GB data allowance. This will reset 07 Aug 2022.

Leanne_T

Morning @madox0177

Thanks for coming back to us. 

What happens when you try and access the internet browser on the tablet? 

Can you log into your My EE app, select Menu > Settings > Use Mobile Data, is this turned on? 

Leanne 🙂

looks like i am going to have to cancel the contract as the sim and data plan is not fit for purpose.

when i spoke to the call center they said i should have used an EE device....

when i put my o2 sim in the device it automatically adjusts the settings and works fine, EE has attempted to restrict my choice as a consumer by saying i should only use one of there devices. 

As this was for a R and D contract i have for a multi national business EE have just lost hundred's of potential contracts for the future.

As a business customer i am discussed at the contempt EE shows in there attitude and will not be using them again, consider my contract canceled 

Leanne_T

Hi @madox0177

I am sorry to hear this. 

The SIM card should work in any unlocked or EE device. 

Could you let me know what happens when you try and access the internet browser on the tablet? 

Also, can you log into your My EE app, select Menu > Settings > Use Mobile Data, is this turned on? 

Leanne. 

This issue is at a close for me, i am an electrical consultant and i have a high degree of technical knowledge. and if i cant get it to work then there is no way it is within reasonable bounds of expectation for a consumer to sort out these issues.

i  contracted to a data plan and the data connection does not work. i have not looked in to the legal regulations regarding this as yet but i will be looking further into my consumer rights as a business if this is not canceled as requested 

i have emailed the you to (channel.returns@ee.co.uk) and requested cancellation of the contract. it does however seem that EE is deliberately making it difficult to cancel a contract requesting forms to be completed. i have already lost 2 days to this and am not willing to loose any more of my time or money on an issue that should not even exist.