cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understand the Repair charges

Donny102
Explorer
  1. I handed in my phone to my local repair team in Crawley as my phone wasn't getting/dropping signal randomly over a two week period which I followed the on the phone text teams advise until they also suggested taking it in store to be looked. 
  2. I was quoted back an out of warranty work charge of £110 under the following "problem found - Rx/Tx > General Rx/Tx - no service" and "description of the work - screening - faulty" 
  3. Can someone give me this in not tech terms because if it is what I'm thinking, why isn't this covered by the warranty and what has screening got to do with my signal/connecting to the network problem? As my repair booking confirmation form states on General condition - good : no markings or dents. @
6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Donny102  RX/TX means the signal to and from your phone ( RX is the Received signal, and TX is the Transmitted signal) 

It has nothing to do with the screen on your device.   If you believe this is a manufacturing issue you’ll have to argue that.   

What device is it and how old is the device ? 

What device?

When did you purchase it.

Some devices only have 12 months warranty.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

It's the Samsung galaxy s21 ultra 5g and I got the phone June 2021 so not even a year old yet 

Samsung galaxy s21 ultra 5g and got it last June 2021 so not even a year old yet plus the employee today confirmed it has a 2 year warranty with it. Not sure what they are charging me with here 

Screening could also be an RF Shield issue or an earthing issue..,a lot of Phones and Mobile Devices have a Earth screening metal cover over the RF Components.

Ever heard of screened cable or double screened cable or coax, just another name for earthing cover or braid, so could be nothing to do with phones screen (Display).

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Donny102 

I'm not sure why you didn't just go via Samsung rather than EE. If the device has a defective part then this should be replaceable/repairable via the warranty not at a cost to you. 

The problem here is that the use of such technical terms means nothing to most people other that the need to pay £110 for what? I would recommend going back and asking them to explain in plain English what is wrong and why this isn't covered under the warranty. I would also recommend reading your warranty.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.