Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Samsung Smartwatch 5

Aris82
Investigator
Investigator

Hello.

I've been with O2 for like 15 years and I've been trying to set up my 2 previous smartwatches to work in LTE mode but it never happened. Recently one of the o2 store employees told me that he will be honest with me and that it will never work in their network but they are not allowed to say this.

Not sure if this is true but I'm tired of visiting their stores so I'm considering moving to EE, but I want to know for sure that it will work. So my questions are:

1. If I have my own Samsung mobile and Samsung smartwatch 5, will I be able to set it up so the watch will work without Bluetooth connection.

2. Which sim tariffs I have to buy in an online store to make this work 

3. How to set it up.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Aris82 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you purchase any SIM Only or pay monthly contract with us not a pay as you go account, you would have the option to add a data plan for the watch. This is subject to eligibility and credit checks for the contract. 

If you add the 30-day rolling data plan for £7 a month to an eligible plan this would work on cellular for you. 

You can find details on getting set up in our How do I set up my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G on EE article,

Leanne.

Aris82
Investigator
Investigator

Hi and thank you.

This may be obvious but I will ask anyway: this way mobile phone and smartwatch will both have the same number?

Also, if I buy a sim plan and additional plan for the watch, can I later move my number from another network and have it both working fine after transfer?

James_B

Hi @Aris82,

Yes, both devices will use the same phone number and it's fine to transfer a number from another network at a later date.

James

Aris82
Investigator
Investigator

Perfect.

Thank you for a fast response.

James_B

No problem @Aris82

Enjoy your weekend. 🙂

James