cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make outgoing calls on my Samsung A40.

SusanB2023
Investigator
Investigator

I have purchased a new EE SIM card and put it in my Samsung A40.  I can receive calls, and send texts use mobile data but I cannot make ANY outgoing calls. Not to ANYone, nor 150 nor voicemail.  The Sim card works in other phones, but not this one.

What can cause this?  I would have assumed a setting on my phone but all I can see online I have tried doesn't seem to work.

I have tried setting a network manually (EE), I have made sure I have no blocking outgoing calls set

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I used the Samsung Switch app to back up my phone to my PC then did a factory reset on the phone. Restored my data and now I can make calls. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SusanB2023 

Welcome to the community.

Are you in the UK at the moment? If so, could you try all of the steps on this Samsung help page please?

Chris

Hi Christopher,

I followed all these steps before posting this message.  The fact that I can send texts and receive calls I think negates some of these tests anyway. However, I did try them all to no avail.

Yes, I am in the UK, I am not roaming.

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @SusanB2023 

Yeah, it's a really strange one, since the SIM works in another phone. It could be worth backing up the phone and restoring it to factory settings.

How do I backup and restore data on my Galaxy device? >

Chris

SusanB2023
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks.  I have been trying to do this, but I can't get my PC to recognize the device to back up my phone to it, using Smart Switch.

I will see if I can do any of the other options.  Using Samsung Cloud Backup doesn;t work either as it wont upload anything.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If your SIM works in another phone, that negates a SIM or account issue. Is your new SIM a pay-monthly one, or PAYG?

Does 4G & VoLTE display on-screen when you try making a call? What happens when you dial?

Hi,

It is a Pay Monthly SIM.
And the phone displays 4g and VoLTE. I have tried disabling VoLTE made no difference, so enabled it again.

I used the Samsung Switch app to back up my phone to my PC then did a factory reset on the phone. Restored my data and now I can make calls. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @SusanB2023

Glad to hear this is now sorted for you.  

Leanne 🙂