Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra 8 / 128 gb lagging

Mro88
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

I have received my s22 ultra few days ago and already hate it. Design is nice, i thought big size would be a problem, phone fits in hand perfectly, but performance is much worse than on my samsung s20 5g.

I expected "top shelf" performance from ultra series, it crashes every day since i got it, but yesterday phone crashed 17 times ... YES 17 times ! 

Issues:

- phone is lagging everywhere, apps, gallery, menu - even if it's set to high performance mode.

- unlock screen and fingerprint sensor- sometimes it needs 5 sec to unlock, very laggy feeling on lock screen

- time to open camera and take a picture ... no comments, my samsung s5 worked better few years ago, this is real nightmare 

-battery- it's draining quite fast compared to s20 5g, additionally i purchased 45w charger where the difference between 25w to fully charge the phone is 10 minutes- I wouldn't spend additional 40£ if i know it works so slow.

-Internet doesn't work even if there is 4g/5g icon ( working fix is to restart phone), it disconnects couple times a day !

- "not registered in the network" error message with full signal showing, 4g/5g icon

- In chrome / brave web browser, during scrolling, screen turns black (same as it would be locked), but if i touch screen it start to flicker, pressing lock button couple times fix issue.

- phone freezes- I can scroll menu and apps, but i can't press anything, restart helps

I feel like it's downgrade, every advert and youtube review, showed it as a game changer, but I feel like i received beta/test product.

- 3d Mark benchmark - 4700 points .... where average on internet is 6000-8000.

Do you think it's enough to return device? 

Kindest,

MR

5 REPLIES 5
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Mro88 

What software version are you running as there was a patch issued. Additionally another patch is due out shortly. It is very unusual that your handset keeps crashing. Have you tried a factory reset.

If you are within 14 days of purchase and purchased online you can still return your handset. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hey Northerner,

I have set device from scratch without copying data to device, also did factory reset. Phone did get updated out of box, then 1st March update applied last week... 

Very dissapointing.

Thanks for your help!

Just swapped back to s20 and it feels great. Also checked reddit, xda and samsung community forums- loads of complaints about s22ultra, it doesn't look good.

Thanks.

I got an S22 Ultra a few ago. Luckily didn't have crashing issues but was awfully slow. Loading up apps, camera and even just going through the settings was incredibly laggy

I also had similar benchmarking scores to yours. Best I ever got was 11% percentile and the worst being 1%. 

I returned my phone and got another. The new one is a lot better. 

55% percentile on benchmarking with no lagging at all so far. Camera actually loads pretty much instantly which is cool! 

I think the chips on these are just super bad and it's luck of the draw! 

Did you get a new s22 ultra or a differant phone