cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 6 Pro bricked after using Android 13 beta and going back to android 12

cheesywizard70
Contributor
Contributor

My Pixel 6 Pro bricked after using Android 13 beta and going back to android 12, Having looked at a number of forums this seems to be happening to a few people out there. I was on the Android 13 beta program with google and decided to end the beta program and go back to Android 12 , a simple process with an update sent and then roll back to 12 . The roll back bricked my pixel and i can now not boot it up , it will only boot into fastboot mode and will not do anything else. Anyone else on here had the same problem ? And will the phone be covered under warranty ? it is less than a year old . Many thanks for any replies .

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tried all I could on my own and no go. Opened a repair ticket with google , packaging to return phone was sent next day . Posted with prepaid label to service center in Poland , it arrived within in 2 days . Phone has now been repaired and is on way back to me now . Great service from google and no problems at all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@cheesywizard70   You’ll have to ask Google about the warranty on the device after installing a beta OS. 

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

This is all at your own risk, and I take no responsibility for this, but you can try and manually install the firmware via ADB. There's various guides on the internet if you google it. 

Tried all I could on my own and no go. Opened a repair ticket with google , packaging to return phone was sent next day . Posted with prepaid label to service center in Poland , it arrived within in 2 days . Phone has now been repaired and is on way back to me now . Great service from google and no problems at all.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @cheesywizard70

Glad to hear this is resolved for you. 

Leanne 🙂