Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a new Samsung Galaxy phone

Retiree1022
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) Android phone which I've had for a few years now.  As it only has 16GB internal storage, and I don't want to uninstall any apps I have, I'm practically out of storage space.  I can't even download any updates to my apps.

I have been searching for a new Samsung Galaxy and I have my heart set on the A52s (Sim-free).  The phone I currently use is on 4g but the phone I want is a 5g.  If I went ahead and ordered it online, would that be okay?  I would like to keep my original phone number and have it transferred over to my new phone, but I will be calling in at a local EE shop to ask them if they can do that for me.

Awaiting a reply.

Kind regards,

Marion

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Retiree1022 , there is no reason why you cannot move the SIM card to your new phone, but depending how old the SIM card is, to get 5G, if it does not work, you would just need to request a replacement SIM card. You can either do this by going to an EE store, or online or ringing customer service, hope this helps. No problem ordering online either.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

I tried swapping my SIM card from my Samsung Galaxy A3 over to my Samsung Galaxy 52s, and although it worked, I had a different mobile number - not my original number I have on my Samsung Galaxy A3, so I swapped the SIM back to my A3 phone.  If I called in at an EE shop, would they be able to transfer my original mobile number over to my 52s?  They did it for me when I bought the A3 and I'd been using my old Nokia T Mobile phone.

@Retiree1022 wrote:

I tried swapping my SIM card from my Samsung Galaxy A3 over to my Samsung Galaxy 52s, and although it worked, I had a different mobile number - not my original number

It is your SIM which holds your number, what makes you say you had a different mobile number? Were you looking in the phone's menu - because if so, this is purely cosmetic.

Or did you make or receive a call? With your existing SIM in your new phone, your number will have been transferred to that new phone.

How & where did you order the A52s 5G? Is it on contract or PAYG? If contract, did you order it as an upgrade to your A3 or as an entirely new line? Only by doing an upgrade do you keep your no. on the new phone.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I bought my Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G online from Amazon.co.uk and I bought it on a PAYG basis and SIM free.  I bought the phone as an entirely new line to replace the Samsung Galaxy A3.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Retiree1022

Thanks for coming back to us. 

If you go into settings, then phone does your number show correctly? 

Also, can you text NUMBER to 150 is the correct number showing on the reply?

Leanne 🙂